Guest Blogging is exactly what you think it might be, bloggers providing articles for websites other than their own. The purpose of which is to increase traffic to their primary website, and to create backlinks.
The act of guest blogging requires an agreement to provide a piece of content to another site, like writing an article focusing on your expertise which will appear on a blog in a similar niche. When your article links back to relevant pages on your own site, a link is created between the blog and your site, which can drive back a lot of benefits to you.
Here are five great reasons to guest blog:
- Referral traffic. Although it’s the most obvious benefit to writing a guest blog – new readers will click on the links back to your page, be captivated by the content, and become customers or subscribers – referral traffic is just the tip of the iceberg. This may be the first result you’ll see from a well-placed guest blog, but it won’t be the last.
- Back links on external sites. Search engines don’t just look at the content of your page, they look at your page’s reputation on the wider internet. That means checking to see how many other sites link back to yours. Writing guest blogs can help your inbound marketing by letting the internet know that your content is linked to and well-regarded.
- Compound results. With most marketing efforts, the results fade as time passes and the marketing push falls further and further out of date. Links, however, don’t expire, and inbound links from guest blogs will continue to work for your SEO and boost your site’s popularity long after the guest post has run. If you’re writing guest posts on a regular basis, that benefit will continue to compound.
- Content. Many blogs are hungry for content, and more than happy to expose their readers to a new, interesting voice. You can easily provide content to a number of blog sites, generating a wide network of links back to your own company. And because bloggers are always looking for new content to share, and many have guest-blogging procedures in place, there’s a low overhead to working with new partners.
- Higher Rankings. When you rely on SEO and inbound marketing, you’re not speaking to a wide group of people who don’t really care or whom you can’t really help: you’ve focused down to the people who are searching for exactly what you’re offering. This means that the customer base you’ll draw from a good SEO presence, which guest blogging will help you achieve, are more engaged and enthusiastic for the solutions you have to offer.
Guest blogging can get your name out there, increase your SEO and improve credibility. It also allows you to develop relationships with other people who are share similar interest. Take the time to reach out to blogs that interest you and offer to write a guest post. In the end, you’ll be happy you did.
If you are interested in Blogging on this website please visit out contact us page, we would love to have you write something technology related.